Wednesday, January 2, 2008

George Clooney would want this!

Welcome back to the world right?
The holidays were great but it is time to get back to the daily.
As in my last post i said i would be testing the
Speed Cheetah GPS mirror system that we sell at NeedFulToyZ.com
I did the easy clip on install onto my existing rear view mirror on my truck. Then came the concept of wiring the system and also the looks of all the typical wires.
Many of the other GPS products on the market require you to splice wiring and connect power to your system.
On a newer vehicle this would have been time consuming and a little bit frightful for fears of damaging all or part of the extensive electronic systems in cars. With my older ford truck it would be almost impossible. Older for trucks are "Hardwired". This means that in short it is easier than normal to have a short in the electrical system and thus a huge job to do anything electrical.
The Speed Cheetah GPS mirror easily used my cigarette lighter as a plug in power source. This is similar in newer vehicles that have a "power" plug.
This advantage saved me at least $300 bucks.
I took the wiring and hid it under the interior mouldings and was ready to run.
The first thing i did was to update the memory in the mirror.
I went to the database online, which needfultoyz.com will have available, and downloaded the software for regular monthly updates for free.
Since i used to be a cop i had some officer buddies of mine help me out.
I tested the audible alert at which i had set a speed baseline to tell me of radar being used on me. My friends used both a gun and vehicle based units to radar me at 35 mph and 60 mph.
This baby worked perfectly at both and the alarms are not loud enough to startle you either.
I then entered into the mirror the locations i wanted to store about radar traps i knew of and photo radar intersections. When i am busy driving i am not going to remember where the light signal radar is. It worked great and it was like having a cop with me in the passenger seat getting me out of tickets.
I have to say that the
Speed Cheetah GPS Mirror was easy to install and was easy to program and the fact that the updates are free of charge, man that is always great and tells me that both needfultoyz.com and Speed Cheetah believe in what they are making and standing behind.
To be totally and completely safe i found out i can pair this unit up with one of
needfultoyz radar or laser jammers with a wireless kit and tie them all into the mirror for audible warnings. Can you "OnStar" without the incredible costs and for any vehicle.
"Needful Nick"

No comments: